Friday, 17 February 2012

Lord Ganesh

I first came to Bali 17 years ago and immediately started a life-long fascination in their belief system. 
The Hindu gods all have amazing stories.

One of my favourite gods is Lord Ganesh. He is the son of Shiva and Parvati. He is the Lord of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is worshipped as the god of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth. The elephant head denotes wisdom and his trunk represents Om, the sound symbol of cosmic reality.
Half human, half elephant he reminds us all to keep in touch with our inner child.  
This bracelet now belongs to a beautiful blonde girl whom I admire greatly :-)
I've made up two new cabochons of Lord Ganesh that I plan to build into a necklace.
As always the idea in my head I originally start up with when I build a necklace doesn't look like the end result. When I start putting beads together it is like it takes its own life form. Which makes it more interesting. That is why I could never make the same necklace twice. It would make things boring, and life is anything but boring!



No comments:

Post a Comment